brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrea Turli <andrea.tu...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Vanilla Software Process: Declaring Security Groups in Openstack
Date Fri, 19 Jun 2015 12:50:46 GMT
Hi Daniel,

thanks for reporting this!

If you already have already defined a securityGroup in your openstack
installation, you can use use it specifying something like:

`securityGroups=<securityGroupName>`

otherwise, Brooklyn will create and configure a new securityGroup opening
the ports required by your entity (by default it will open 22 to access the
VM via SSH)

There is a PR that should fix a bug with Openstack SecurityGroup Extension,
https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/694, reported at
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BROOKLYN-99
Do you have bandwidth to test this fix and report the results?

Thanks,
Andrea

On Mon, 15 Jun 2015 at 18:32 Daniel Seybold <daniel.seybold@uni-ulm.de>
wrote:

> Hi dev-guys,
>
> I'm trying to create a custom YAML file using the
> brooklyn.entity.basic.VanillaSoftwareProcess
>
> Unfortunately I'm not able to get the security groups working for my
> Openstack.
>
> Here is a sample of my YAML
>
> name: Simple Ghost Server Example
> location:
>    named:Openstack
> services:
> - type: brooklyn.entity.basic.VanillaSoftwareProcess
>    name: Simple Ghost Server
>    provisioning.properties:
>      autoAssignFloatingIp: true
>      privateKeyFile: /path/to/keys
>      templateOptions:
>          availabilityZone: default
>    brooklyn.config:
>          http.port: 2368
>          httpPort: 2368
>    launch.command: |
>
> If have found both spellings of HttpPort in your documentation:
> https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/v/latest/yaml/multiple-services.html
>
> But none of them did work.
>
> Or is the wrong approach for declaring security groups using the
> VanillaSoftwareProcess?
>
> Thanks in advance for your help!
>
> Cheers,
> Daniel