brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Mike Zaccardo <mike.zacca...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Vanilla Software Process - install.command support
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:53:32 GMT
I've been thinking the same thing recently wrt my Artifactory blueprints.
Big bash scripts in launch that should probably not execute in subsequent
launches -- was going to move most of the initial actions to a new command,
so I'm very interested in this question as well.

On Wed, Jun 10, 2015 at 10:48 AM, Thomas Bouron <
thomas.bouron@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:

> Hi there.
>
> I'm currently developing a YAML blueprint that uses a Vanilla Software
> Process with quite a long and complex launch.command bash script. All my
> software installation - as well as the actual launch - is contained within
> this bash script.
>
> Now, I would like to leverage the fact that Brooklyn has different steps
> like: install, customize, launch, etc. to avoid reinstalling everything
> when I hit the restart button on Brooklyn. Not to mention that it would
> make sense to separate my script into two parts: one for the install itself
> and one for the launch.
>
> I checked the config keys available (
>
> https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/learnmore/catalog/catalog-item.html#!entities/brooklyn.entity.basic.VanillaSoftwareProcess
> )
> and there is no install.command available, even though you can specify a
> pre.install.command and post.install.command.
>
> Is there a good reason for that?
>
> Thanks.
>
> Best.
>
> --
> Thomas
>
> --
> Cloudsoft Corporation Limited, Registered in Scotland No: SC349230.
>  Registered Office: 13 Dryden Place, Edinburgh, EH9 1RP
>
> This e-mail message is confidential and for use by the addressee only. If
> the message is received by anyone other than the addressee, please return
> the message to the sender by replying to it and then delete the message
> from your computer. Internet e-mails are not necessarily secure. Cloudsoft
> Corporation Limited does not accept responsibility for changes made to this
> message after it was sent.
>
> Whilst all reasonable care has been taken to avoid the transmission of
> viruses, it is the responsibility of the recipient to ensure that the
> onward transmission, opening or use of this message and any attachments
> will not adversely affect its systems or data. No responsibility is
> accepted by Cloudsoft Corporation Limited in this regard and the recipient
> should carry out such virus and other checks as it considers appropriate.

message after it was sent.