brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Thomas Bouron <thomas.bou...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Vanilla Software Process - install.command support
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2015 14:48:14 GMT
Hi there.

I'm currently developing a YAML blueprint that uses a Vanilla Software
Process with quite a long and complex launch.command bash script. All my
software installation - as well as the actual launch - is contained within
this bash script.

Now, I would like to leverage the fact that Brooklyn has different steps
like: install, customize, launch, etc. to avoid reinstalling everything
when I hit the restart button on Brooklyn. Not to mention that it would
make sense to separate my script into two parts: one for the install itself
and one for the launch.

I checked the config keys available (
https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/learnmore/catalog/catalog-item.html#!entities/brooklyn.entity.basic.VanillaSoftwareProcess)
and there is no install.command available, even though you can specify a
pre.install.command and post.install.command.

Is there a good reason for that?

Thanks.

Best.

--