brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Hadrian Zbarcea <hzbar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: No 0.7.0-rc1 release today :(
Date Sun, 28 Jun 2015 01:09:43 GMT
This is not an easy one and imho would require some community choice
before implementing a solution.

1. To be able to release downstream-parent, it would have to have the
proper configuration, specifically for the release and gpg maven
plugins, that comes actually from the org.apache:apache:17 parent.
2. Consequently, the downstream parent should have either
org.apache:apache:17 or even better org.apache.brooklyn:brooklyn-parent
as a parent.
3. The downstream-parent is only used in the quickstart archetype.

There is questionable value in having a downstream-parent that users
would have to change anyway if it caries the apache scp and release
configurations that wouldn't apply for a user's project.

The only 2 solutions I can think of are to:
a. Get rid of the downstream parent and move all the necessary
incantations in the quickstart archetype.
b. Transform the downstream-parent (and maybe come up with a better name
for it) into a <scope>import</scope> pom [1].

I think this is a blocker for the release.

Thoughts?
Hadrian

[1]
https://maven.apache.org/guides/introduction/introduction-to-dependency-mechanism.html#Importing_Dependencies