brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: How to use availabilityZone Parameter for location Openstack
Date Fri, 12 Jun 2015 13:43:32 GMT
Hi Daniel,

You should be able to supply this with:

    location:
       # Id of my Openstack
       gqt5EHkd

    services:
      - serviceType: brooklyn.entity.proxy.nginx.NginxController
        provisioning.properties:
           autoAssignFloatingIp: true
    *      templateOptions:**
    **        availabilityZone: default**
    *

Explanation: we have pulled out various common properties as top-level
configuration, to be passed into jclouds. However, for other parameters
such as the jclouds NovaTemplateOptions.availabilityZone(String) you
need to explicitly say that this is a field of the jclouds template options.

---
For location, you can also use "named locations" rather than having to
dig out the location id (if that would be easier for you) [1].

Aled

[1] https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/v/latest/ops/locations/index.html

On 12/06/2015 14:10, Daniel Seybold wrote:
> Hi dev-guys,
>
> After I get Brookyln running with Openstack it works like a charm by
> creating the VM and starting the applications.
>
> But I'm stuck at one point.
>
> I'm trying to add the *availabilityZone *Paramter to my blueprint but
> it isn't recognized by Openstack.
> I assume Brooklyn does support this paramter because Jclouds supports
> it too.
>
> Here a simple Yaml as example (the default availabilityZone exists on
> Openstack):
>
> name: Nginx
>
> location:
>   gqt5EHkd (Id of my Openstack)
>
> services:
>  - serviceType: brooklyn.entity.proxy.nginx.NginxController
>    provisioning.properties:
>       autoAssignFloatingIp: true
>       availabilityZone: default
>
> Can you give me some advice how I can add the availabilityZone
> parameter in the right way?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Daniel

message after it was sent.