brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: update an application by blueprint
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 14:37:14 GMT

Hi David-

You can change an existing deployment either through effectors (e.g.
resize) or "Add Child" in the Advanced Tab -- but there is not support
for a chef-live "converge" operation to make the deployment look as if
it came from another blueprint.

I hope this helps.  If you've got thoughts on how this should be done
please share them.  In the general case this is a Very Hard Problem --
imagine migrating from MySQL to Riak, or having software run as a
different user -- but I think there is scope for investigating this in
some cases, maybe proposing the list of operations which will effect the
changes and running them.

Best
Alex

On 11/06/2015 15:22, David Carr wrote:
> After adding an application in Brooklyn (say, by a YAML blueprint), is
> there a way to update the application from an updated blueprint without
> destroying it and starting over?
>
> David M. Carr
> Software Architect
> CommerceHub