brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Persistence store logging
Date Thu, 11 Jun 2015 13:17:21 GMT
+1

If we want to get fancy, we could keep a count and log that every 100
writes or some such (but not convinced it's worth that).

---
Longer term, a better design would be for the persister code (that you
referenced) to keep counts for add/update/delete, time spent persisting,
etc.
A logger thread can then query for the stats, and include that in a
periodic report.

Currently, there is a message written once per minute by
`BrooklynGarbageCollector.gcIteration`, which includes some metrics.
We could generalise that further, perhaps.

Aled

On 11/06/2015 08:13, Martin Harris wrote:
> For clarity, I'm suggesting we change the code to use LOG.trace(xxx)
> instead of LOG.debug(xxx) here[1] <http://git.io/vIMXc> and here[2]
> <http://git.io/vIMXj>
>
> [1]: http://git.io/vIMXc
> [2]: http://git.io/vIMXj
>
> Cheers

> On 11 June 2015 at 10:45, Martin Harris <martin.harris@cloudsoftcorp.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Hi Folks,
>>
>> Any consensus on switching the log level
>> for ManagementPlaneSyncRecordPersisterToObjectStore
>> and PeriodicDeltaChangeListener from DEBUG to TRACE? The checkpointing
>> messages from these classes account for around a full third of all log
>> messages, which seems a bit excessive. It's fine if you're greping, or
>> searching for something specific, but a `tail -f` is just swamped with
>> checkpoint messages
>>
>> Cheers
>>
>> --
>> Martin Harris