brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Schneider <Michael.Schnei...@virtustream.com>
Subject Failed tasks: I want to provide additional information in Activity section
Date Wed, 17 Jun 2015 16:10:09 GMT
Hi!

I have some custom effector implemented by means of a Brooklyn task, and this effector call
may fail, in which case an exception is thrown. In case of an exception, the Brooklyn GUI
"Activity" section shows the message of the exception and also the whole stack trace, which
is good. However, my exception has some custom methods associated to custom fields that provide
additional information about the cause of the error. In my particular case, it is the exit
code and the stderr output of an external program that was run by the effector task. I now
wonder whether there a way to somehow show this additional information in the Activity section?
I understand that one way to do this would be to add this information to the exception message,
but I would like to avoid this, if there were an alternative means to show custom information
in the Activity section.

Michael

Michael Schneider
Senior Software Engineer

Virtustream Inc.
6 Concourse Parkway | Suite 1930 | Atlanta | GA 30328
Cell: +49 (176) 24102310
michael.schneider@virtustream.com<mailto:michael.schneider@virtustream.com> | www.virtustream.com<http://www.virtustream.com/>

Keep up with Virtustream:
Blog<http://www.virtustream.com/blog/> * Twitter<https://twitter.com/#%21/virtustream>
* LinkedIn<http://www.linkedin.com/company/virtustream> * Slideshare<http://www.slideshare.net/Virtustream>
* YouTube<http://www.youtube.com/user/Virtustream>

The information contained in this electronic mail transmission may be privileged and confidential,
and therefore, protected from disclosure. If you have received this communication in error,
please notify us immediately by replying to this message and deleting the email and its attachments
from all computers without copying or disclosing it.