brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Gowri LN <gowri.ln...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: “Virtualization type 'hvm' required” error in Apache Brooklyn
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 03:27:13 GMT
Hi ,

This are the blueprints I am using :

Blueprint 1:

name: chef-mysql-sample
location:
 jclouds:aws-ec2:us-west-1
services:
- type: chef:mysql
  cookbook_urls:
    mysql: https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/mysql/archive/v4.0.12.tar.gz
    openssl:
https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/openssl/archive/v1.1.0.tar.gz
    build-essential:
https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/build-essential/archive/v1.4.4.tar.gz

  launch_run_list: [ "mysql::server" ]
  launch_attributes:
    mysql:
      # these attrs are required by the mysql cookbook under node['mysql']
      server_root_password: p4ssw0rd
      server_repl_password: p4ssw0rd
      server_debian_password: p4ssw0rd

  # how to determine if the process is running and how to kill it
  # (supported options are `service_name` and `pid_file`; normally you
should just pick one.
  # here we use the pid_file because the service_name varies, mysql on
centos, mysqld on ubuntu!)
  #service_name: mysqld
  pid_file: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
provisioning.properties:
    minRam: 5046mb
    minCores: 4
    minDisk: 1024
    imageId: eu-west-1/ami-3bbaa54f
extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
   - https://link/to/my/....................publickey

 blueprint2:

id: tomcat-application
name: "Tomcat Web Application"
origin: "http://brooklyncentral.github.io/"
location:
 jclouds:aws-ec2:us-west-1
provisioning.properties:
    osFamily: Ubuntu
    minRam: 2000mb
    minCores: 2
    minDisk: 100gb
services:
- serviceType: brooklyn.entity.webapp.tomcat.TomcatServer
  brooklyn.config:
    wars.root:
      "https://path/to/my/war/sample.war"
extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
   - https://link/to/my/....................publickey

For both the blueprints, I  get an error

> code='InvalidParameterCombination', message='Virtualization type 'hvm' is
> required for instances of type 't2.small'.', context='{Response=, Errors=}'}

And no instance is being created in AWS .

Thanks,
Gowri

On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Can you please share the the full yaml you're using so we can reproduce
> (either as a gist or just in the e-mail response body).
>
> I'd have thought that if we're setting the imageId then it would work
> (because we can choose correct compatibility with 'hvm').
> It sounds like the imageId isn't being picked up correctly.
> You can check that by looking in the AWS web-console. Does it show the
> failed instance, and does that instance have the AMI you expect?
>
> Aled
>

> On 22/04/2015 05:16, Gowri LN wrote:
>
>> Hi ,
>>
>> Yes, but I am still facing same error :
>>
>> https://ec2.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 failed with code 400,
>> error:
>>
>>> AWSError{requestId='0fad3510-236a-4965-b367-9c3ceb1f972e',
>>> requestToken='null', code='InvalidParameterCombination',