brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Gowri LN <gowri.ln...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: “Virtualization type 'hvm' required” error in Apache Brooklyn
Date Mon, 27 Apr 2015 03:33:20 GMT
Hi,

I tried the following blueprint :

name: chef-mysql-sample
location:
 jclouds:aws-ec2:us-west-1
services:
- type: chef:mysql
  cookbook_urls:
    # only needed for chef solo; URL can be local to brooklyn, or github,
etc...
    mysql: https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/mysql/archive/v4.0.12.tar.gz
    openssl:
https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/openssl/archive/v1.1.0.tar.gz
    build-essential:
https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/build-essential/archive/v1.4.4.tar.gz

  launch_run_list: [ "mysql::server" ]
  launch_attributes:
    mysql:
      # these attrs are required by the mysql cookbook under node['mysql']
      server_root_password: p4ssw0rd
      server_repl_password: p4ssw0rd
      server_debian_password: p4ssw0rd
      # many others are attrs are supported by the cookbook and can be
passed here...

  # how to determine if the process is running and how to kill it
  # (supported options are `service_name` and `pid_file`; normally you
should just pick one.
  # here we use the pid_file because the service_name varies, mysql on
centos, mysqld on ubuntu!)
  #service_name: mysqld
  pid_file: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
  provisioning.properties:
    # this will override `minRam` set above
    minRam: 5046mb
    minCores: 4
    minDisk: 1024
    imageId: us-west-1/ami-d114f295
    extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
    - https://path/to/public key/.pub

I still have the  error  " InvalidParameterCombination,
message='Virtualization type 'hvm' is required for instances of type
't2.small'.', context='{Response=, Errors=}'}"

 Sorry about the mistake in my previous blueprint , I did not notice the
imageID .

The above blueprint has  ' provisioning properties ' at the same level as
'type' and  ' extraSshPublicKeyUrls' is a parameter under 'provisioning
properties' .The ami id is a Linux AMI in the region us-west-1.
 Is there anything else that I am missing ?

Thanks,

On Thu, Apr 23, 2015 at 6:13 PM, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>> services:
>> - type: chef:mysql
>>   provisioning.properties:
>>     # this will override `minRam` set above
>>     minRam: 5046mb
>>     minCores: 4
>>     minDisk: 1024
>>     imageId: eu-west-1/ami-3bbaa54f
>>     extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
>>     - https://link/to/my/....................publickey
>>

>> Best
>> Alex
>>

>> On 23/04/2015 04:27, Gowri LN wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> This are the blueprints I am using :
>>>
>>> Blueprint 1:
>>>
>>> name: chef-mysql-sample
>>> location:
>>>   jclouds:aws-ec2:us-west-1
>>> services:
>>> - type: chef:mysql
>>>    cookbook_urls:
>>>      mysql:
>>> https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/mysql/archive/v4.0.12.tar.gz
>>>      openssl:
>>> https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/openssl/archive/v1.1.0.tar.gz
>>>      build-essential:
>>>
>>> https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/build-essential/archive/v1.4.4.tar.gz
>>>
>>>    launch_run_list: [ "mysql::server" ]
>>>    launch_attributes:
>>>      mysql:
>>>        # these attrs are required by the mysql cookbook under
>>> node['mysql']
>>>        server_root_password: p4ssw0rd
>>>        server_repl_password: p4ssw0rd
>>>        server_debian_password: p4ssw0rd
>>>
>>>    # how to determine if the process is running and how to kill it
>>>    # (supported options are `service_name` and `pid_file`; normally you
>>> should just pick one.
>>>    # here we use the pid_file because the service_name varies, mysql on
>>> centos, mysqld on ubuntu!)
>>>    #service_name: mysqld
>>>    pid_file: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
>>> provisioning.properties:
>>>      minRam: 5046mb
>>>      minCores: 4
>>>      minDisk: 1024
>>>      imageId: eu-west-1/ami-3bbaa54f
>>> extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
>>>     - https://link/to/my/....................publickey
>>>
>>>   blueprint2:
>>>
>>> id: tomcat-application
>>> name: "Tomcat Web Application"
>>> origin: "http://brooklyncentral.github.io/"
>>> location:
>>>   jclouds:aws-ec2:us-west-1
>>> provisioning.properties:
>>>      osFamily: Ubuntu
>>>      minRam: 2000mb
>>>      minCores: 2
>>>      minDisk: 100gb
>>> services:
>>> - serviceType: brooklyn.entity.webapp.tomcat.TomcatServer
>>>    brooklyn.config:
>>>      wars.root:
>>>        "https://path/to/my/war/sample.war"
>>> extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
>>>     - https://link/to/my/....................publickey
>>>

>>> For both the blueprints, I  get an error
>>>
>>>  code='InvalidParameterCombination', message='Virtualization type 'hvm'
>>>>
>>> And no instance is being created in AWS .

I am

HVM