brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: “Virtualization type 'hvm' required” error in Apache Brooklyn
Date Thu, 23 Apr 2015 09:14:48 GMT

Hi Gowri-

The YAML indentation on `provisioning.properties` and
`extraSshPublicKeyUrls` is wrong.  The former needs to be a field at the
same level as the `type` under service (or you can put it in
`brookyn.config` underneath).  The latter should be a field under the
`provisioning.properties`.

You can instead put the properties underneath the
provisioning.properties under the location.

As a sketch see below, or alternatively in case the YAML gets corrupted
by mail programs see https://gist.github.com/ahgittin/ef8a4b39695f6d4c684e .

name: chef-mysql-sample
location:
  jclouds:aws-ec2:us-west-1:
    minRam: 4gb
services:
- type: chef:mysql
   provisioning.properties:
     # this will override `minRam` set above
     minRam: 5046mb
     minCores: 4
     minDisk: 1024
     imageId: eu-west-1/ami-3bbaa54f
     extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
     - https://link/to/my/....................publickey

Best
Alex

On 23/04/2015 04:27, Gowri LN wrote:
> [...]
>      build-essential:
> https://github.com/opscode-cookbooks/build-essential/archive/v1.4.4.tar.gz
>
>    launch_run_list: [ "mysql::server" ]
>    launch_attributes:
>      mysql:
>        # these attrs are required by the mysql cookbook under node['mysql']
>        server_root_password: p4ssw0rd
>        server_repl_password: p4ssw0rd
>        server_debian_password: p4ssw0rd
>
>    # how to determine if the process is running and how to kill it
>    # (supported options are `service_name` and `pid_file`; normally you
> should just pick one.
>    # here we use the pid_file because the service_name varies, mysql on
> centos, mysqld on ubuntu!)
>    #service_name: mysqld
>    pid_file: /var/run/mysqld/mysqld.pid
> provisioning.properties:
>      minRam: 5046mb
>      minCores: 4
>      minDisk: 1024
>      imageId: eu-west-1/ami-3bbaa54f
> extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
>     - https://link/to/my/....................publickey
>
>   blueprint2:
>
> id: tomcat-application
> name: "Tomcat Web Application"
> origin: "http://brooklyncentral.github.io/"
> location:
>   jclouds:aws-ec2:us-west-1
> provisioning.properties:
>      osFamily: Ubuntu
>      minRam: 2000mb
>      minCores: 2
>      minDisk: 100gb
> services:
> - serviceType: brooklyn.entity.webapp.tomcat.TomcatServer
>    brooklyn.config:
>      wars.root:
>        "https://path/to/my/war/sample.war"
> extraSshPublicKeyUrls:
>     - https://link/to/my/....................publickey
>

> For both the blueprints, I  get an error
>
>> code='InvalidParameterCombination', message='Virtualization type 'hvm' is
>> required for instances of type 't2.small'.', context='{Response=, Errors=}'}
> And no instance is being created in AWS .
>

> Thanks,
> Gowri
>
> On Wed, Apr 22, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> Can you please share the the full yaml you're using so we can reproduce
>> (either as a gist or just in the e-mail response body).
>>
>> I'd have thought that if we're setting the imageId then it would work
>> (because we can choose correct compatibility with 'hvm').
>> It sounds like the imageId isn't being picked up correctly.
>> You can check that by looking in the AWS web-console. Does it show the
>> failed instance, and does that instance have the AMI you expect?
>>
>> Aled
>>

>> On 22/04/2015 05:16, Gowri LN wrote:
>>
>>> Hi ,
>>>
>>> Yes, but I am still facing same error :
>>>
>>> https://ec2.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 failed with code 400,
>>> error:

>>> I tried specifying the imageID in provisioning.properties as well but no

We