brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: “Virtualization type 'hvm' required” error in Apache Brooklyn
Date Wed, 22 Apr 2015 13:18:08 GMT

All-

I've PR'd a fix for the HVM problem at [1].  The relevant Jira issue btw
is [2].

Gowri, DuncanG, please let us know if this works for you.  (The
underlying problem BTW is that AWS have switched to preferring HVM
virtualization.)

A more complete fix to jclouds has been submitted at [3].

Best
Alex

[1] https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/610
[2] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BROOKLYN-140
[3] https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds/pull/732

On 22/04/2015 10:43, Aled Sage wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Can you please share the the full yaml you're using so we can
> reproduce (either as a gist or just in the e-mail response body).
>
> I'd have thought that if we're setting the imageId then it would work
> (because we can choose correct compatibility with 'hvm').
> It sounds like the imageId isn't being picked up correctly.
> You can check that by looking in the AWS web-console. Does it show the
> failed instance, and does that instance have the AMI you expect?
>
> Aled
>

> On 22/04/2015 05:16, Gowri LN wrote:
>> Hi ,
>>
>> Yes, but I am still facing same error :
>>
>> https://ec2.us-west-1.amazonaws.com/ HTTP/1.1 failed with code 400,
>> error:
>>> AWSError{requestId='0fad3510-236a-4965-b367-9c3ceb1f972e',
>>> requestToken='null', code='InvalidParameterCombination',
>>> message='Virtualization type 'hvm' is required for instances of type