brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: how to create Apache brooklyn blueprint using entity
Date Tue, 21 Apr 2015 09:03:49 GMT
Hi,

When you say "I cannot see Tomcat running", do you mean that it fails to
connect (e.g. host or port not reachable), or gives a 404, or the page
looks blank?

I believe the page can look blank in your browser if no root WAR has
been deployed. You can check the return code etc with something like:
     curl -sL -w "%{http_code} %{url_effective}\n" http://myhostname:8080

If Tomcat is reachable but with no war, then try adding the line below
to the config:
wars.root:
http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=io/brooklyn/example/brooklyn-example-hello-world-sql-webapp/0.6.0/brooklyn-example-hello-world-sql-webapp-0.6.0.war

e.g.

    name: Tomcat3
    location: jclouds:....
    services:
    - type: brooklyn.entity.webapp.tomcat.TomcatServer
    name: tomcat
       wars.root:
    http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=io/brooklyn/example/brooklyn-example-hello-world-sql-webapp/0.6.0/brooklyn-example-hello-world-sql-webapp-0.6.0.war
       provisioning.properties: