brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Corbett <sam.corb...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Web cluster: change default from AS7 to Tomcat?
Date Fri, 17 Apr 2015 08:46:23 GMT
One other argument in Tomcat's favour is that it is a significantly
smaller download than JBoss (9Mb vs 130Mb), so is much quicker to get up
and running with.

Sam

On 16/04/2015 22:34, Svetoslav Neykov wrote:
> That's a very good idea. I suggest we go even further and have automated tests with all
supported Java versions for the doc examples. Or perhaps it should be the other way around
- generate the docs only from test samples.

> Svet.
>
>> On 16.04.2015 г., at 16:24, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Hi all,
>>
>> Any thoughts/objections to changing the default app server in a brooklyn web-cluster
to be Tomcat instead of JBoss (e.g. if one uses the yaml in [1])?

>> There are two primary reasons:
>>
>> 1. Brooklyn is an Apache project, so might as well use Apache Tomcat.
>> 2. It currently uses JBoss AS 7, which does not support Java 8.
>>    Therefore the default getting started instructions fail for some users.
>>
>> For (2), I believe folk are looking at adding Brooklyn support for AS 8 (WildFly).
However, that's not available yet.