brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Grant <duncan.gr...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject How do I give imageNameRegex an actual regular expression?
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2015 13:19:16 GMT
I'm trying to use a specific AMI on AWS using it's name.

It works if I set the imageNameRegex = region/image_name
but fails if I try any of the follwoing:
imageNameRegex = image_name
imageNameRegex = .*/image_name
imageNameRegex = .*image_name
imageNameRegex = /.*image_name/

The aim here is that I can copy an AMI across a number of regions and have
brooklyn pick up the correct one without my having to specify a specific
image id for that region.

Looking at the brooklyn tests then I shouldn't even need a regex - as long
as the name is a substring of the full name it should work.

I'm setting this in the brooklyn.properties not the yaml all though I can't
imagine that makes any difference.

thanks

Duncan