brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: "Getting Started" Blueprint error
Date Tue, 24 Mar 2015 14:20:18 GMT
Sebastian,

As Alex suggested, trying a cloud target is also a good idea. For 
example, you can get a free trial on AWS that allows you to spin up a 
small number of micro VMs.

---
For the localhost issue, you could try with a cut-down blueprint:

    location: localhost
    services:
    - type: brooklyn.entity.webapp.jboss.JBoss7Server

When looking for the log file, also look in the parent (and grandparent) 
directory. When the process is launched, it will redirect stdout and 
stderr to a file name console in the directory JBoss7Server_*. That will 
give more info about failures to start. The server.log is only written 
once it has got a suitable way through the startup process.

You can also drill into the ssh command's stdin, stdout and stderr via 
the "activities" view in the Brooklyn web-console - select the entity, 
select the activity (start), and drill into the launch task.

Check if the process is running:

    ps aux | grep -i jboss

You can check which ports it is listening to (to see if the management 
port 9990 or the http port 8080 are listening, and if they are on the 
right network interface):

    netstat -antp TCP | less

Aled


On 24/03/2015 13:26, Sebastian Caceres wrote:
> I do not have a firewall running, and I'm using Java 7. I already tried
> with Java 8, with no avail. Now, I tried checking the log files, but I
> think that they are not created yet, since the directory is empty.
>
> When I just launch the blueprint I get these messages:
>
> "2015-03-24 14:16:13,946 WARN  Localhost is not resolvable; using
> 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1
>
> 2015-03-24 14:16:13,948 INFO  Starting JBoss7ServerImpl{id=voLl29Xb} on
> machine SshMachineLocation[LocalhostMachine:rGjK:
> 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1:22@rGjKODBx]
>
> 2015-03-24 14:16:15,275 WARN  Error setting up sudo for octo@127.0.0.1
> (exit code 0, entity NginxControllerImpl{id=wWf7qA4A})
>
> 2015-03-24 14:17:00,264 WARN  Task[Error setting up sudo for octo@127.0.0.1
> (exit code 0, entity NginxControllerImpl{id=wWf7qA4A}):Fu0BnIgD] was never
> submitted; did the code create it and forget to run it? ('cancel' the task
> to suppress this message)"
>
>
> Then I get this as it tries to deploy JBoss:
>
>
> "2015-03-24 14:19:29,233 WARN  Read of
> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=voLl29Xb}->Sensor: webapp.reqs.total
> (java.lang.Integer) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for 30s
> 11ms, no exception handler set for sensor):
> brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused"
>
>
> I think it may have something to do with a permission issue, but I already
> configured my ssh keys.
>
>
> I tried checking the sensor logs, but I cannot find the files. According to
> the sensor description, the log.location file should be under
>
>
>
> /tmp/MYFOLDER/apps/ibdop27h/entities/JBoss7Server_voLl29Xb/standalone/log/server.log
>
> Just that it isn't here when I try to take a look at it.
>
> Any other suggestions? Thanks for your time!
>
>
> 2015-03-23 21:22 GMT+01:00 Alex Heneveld <alex.heneveld@cloudsoftcorp.com>:
>
>> Sebastian-  You might instead try with a cloud location.  A localhost
>> environment can have all sorts of things installed which can cause
>> conflicts.  If you do find something in the logs however please let us know
>> so we can try to fix it.
>>
>> Brooklyners-  If our default JBoss version doesn't support Java 8 we should
>> update it to a newer version.  Even if this isn't Sebastian's problem it
>> will start to hurt more and more people!
>>
>> Best
>> Alex
>>
>>
>> On 23 March 2015 at 19:27, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Sebastian,
>>>
>>> A couple of things to check:
>>>
>>>   * Which Java version are you using?
>>>     (as I recall, the default JBoss AS 7.1.1 does not support Java 8)
>>>   * Does the JBoss log file show anything useful?
>>>
>>> The jboss entity will have a sensor named "log.location". Have a look at
>>> the file referred to by that path (and also the other files in the jboss
>>> run directory).
>>>
>>> HTH, Aled
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>> On 23/03/2015 18:21, Sebastian Caceres wrote:
>>>
>>>> Hello,
>>>>
>>>> I'm trying to run the "Getting started" example, in order to create a
>>>> basic
>>>> web cluster with DB.
>>>>
>>>> This is the blueprint I'm using:
>>>>
>>>> name: My Web Cluster
>>>> location: localhost
>>>> services:
>>>> - type: brooklyn.entity.webapp.ControlledDynamicWebAppCluster
>>>>     name: My Web
>>>>     brooklyn.config:
>>>>       wars.root: http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=io/
>>>> brooklyn/example/brooklyn-example-hello-world-sql-
>>>> webapp/0.6.0/brooklyn-example-hello-world-sql-webapp-0.6.0.war
>>>>       java.sysprops:
>>>>         brooklyn.example.db.url: >
>>>>           $brooklyn:formatString("jdbc:%s%s?user=%s\\&password=%s",
>>>>           component("db").attributeWhenReady("datastore.url"),
>>>>           "visitors", "brooklyn", "br00k11n")
>>>> - type: brooklyn.entity.database.mysql.MySqlNode
>>>>     id: db
>>>>     name: My DB
>>>>     brooklyn.config:
>>>>       creationScriptUrl:
>> https://bit.ly/brooklyn-visitors-creation-script
>>>>
>>>> I can get the Database running. However, the JBoss7Server won't start.
>>>> Here's the error:
>>>>
>>>> Required entity not healthy: ControlledDynamicWebAppCluster
>>>> Impl{id=gM6QRpgi}
>>>> *Failure running task invoking start[locations] on 2 nodes (seGY34Aw)
>>>> <http://127.0.0.1:8081/#/v1/applications/cz31Os4o/
>>>> entities/cz31Os4o/activities/subtask/seGY34Aw>:
>>>> *1
>>>> of 2 parallel child tasks failed: 1 of 2 parallel child tasks failed:
>>>> Error
>>>> invoking start at DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}: Node in cluster
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> Finally, here's the complete log:
>>>>
>>>> "2015-03-23 17:47:18,751 INFO  Geo info lookup for 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1
>>>> returned: HostGeoInfo[COLT Technology Services Group Limited (GB):
>>>> 127.0.0.1 at (51.5,-0.12999999523163)]
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:34,016 INFO  Launched from YAML:
>>>> io.brooklyn.camp.spi.AssemblyTemplate@79ef77eb[id=rTm2cc6c;
>>>> type=AssemblyTemplate] -> BasicApplicationImpl{id=cz31Os4o}
>>>> (Task[start:sXIJsOtm])
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:34,112 INFO  Starting NginxControllerImpl{id=rjXgZPYH}
>>>> on
>>>> machine SshMachineLocation[LocalhostMachine:fues:
>>>> 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1:22@fues8bg1]
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:34,139 INFO  Starting MySqlNodeImpl{id=DuonCtsw} on
>>>> machine SshMachineLocation[LocalhostMachine:mItl:
>>>> 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1:22@mItl1gGN]
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:34,158 INFO  Resize DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=
>>>> NYNoDm0p}
>>>> from 0 to 1
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:34,261 INFO  Starting JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg} on
>>>> machine SshMachineLocation[LocalhostMachine:b0GT:
>>>> 127.0.0.1/127.0.0.1:22@b0GTDuup]
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:36,174 WARN  Error setting up sudo for octo@127.0.0.1
>>>> (exit code 0, entity NginxControllerImpl{id=rjXgZPYH})
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:36,434 INFO  JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg} deploying
>>>> http://search.maven.org/remotecontent?filepath=io/
>>>> brooklyn/example/brooklyn-example-hello-world-sql-
>>>> webapp/0.6.0/brooklyn-example-hello-world-sql-webapp-0.6.0.war
>>>> to 127.0.0.1:
>>>> /tmp/brooklyn-octo/apps/cz31Os4o/entities/JBoss7Server_ou6Odbsg/
>>>> standalone/deployments/ROOT.war
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:36,710 INFO  Added policy
>>>> ServerPoolMemberTrackerPolicy{name=Controller targets tracker,
>>>> running=true} to NginxControllerImpl{id=rjXgZPYH}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:36,710 INFO  Resetting
>> NginxControllerImpl{id=rjXgZPYH},
>>>> server pool targets {}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:48:38,018 INFO  Updating NginxControllerImpl{id=rjXgZPYH},
>>>> server pool targets {}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:32,268 WARN  Read of
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}->Sensor: webapp.reqs.processingTime.max
>>>> (java.lang.Integer) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for
>>>> 30s
>>>> 131ms, no exception handler set for sensor):
>>>> brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
>>>> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
>>>> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:32,269 WARN  Read of
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}->Sensor: webapp.jboss.managementStatus
>>>> (java.lang.Integer) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for
>>>> 30s
>>>> 132ms, no exception handler set for sensor):
>>>> brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
>>>> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
>>>> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:32,271 WARN  Read of
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}->Sensor: webapp.reqs.bytes.sent
>>>> (java.lang.Long) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for 30s
>>>> 134ms, no exception handler set for sensor):
>>>> brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
>>>> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
>>>> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:32,271 WARN  Read of
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}->Sensor: webapp.jboss.managementUp
>>>> (java.lang.Boolean) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for
>>>> 30s
>>>> 134ms): brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
>>>> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
>>>> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:32,368 WARN  Read of
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}->Sensor: webapp.reqs.errors
>>>> (java.lang.Integer) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for
>>>> 30s
>>>> 231ms, no exception handler set for sensor):
>>>> brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
>>>> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
>>>> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:32,369 WARN  Read of
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}->Sensor: webapp.reqs.processingTime.total
>>>> (java.lang.Integer) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for
>>>> 30s
>>>> 232ms, no exception handler set for sensor):
>>>> brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
>>>> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
>>>> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:32,370 WARN  Read of
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}->Sensor: webapp.reqs.total
>>>> (java.lang.Integer) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for
>>>> 30s
>>>> 232ms, no exception handler set for sensor):
>>>> brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
>>>> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
>>>> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:32,371 WARN  Read of
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}->Sensor: webapp.reqs.bytes.received
>>>> (java.lang.Long) gave exception (grace period expired, occurring for 30s
>>>> 233ms, no exception handler set for sensor):
>>>> brooklyn.util.exceptions.PropagatedRuntimeException:
>>>> org.apache.http.conn.HttpHostConnectException: Connection to
>>>> http://127.0.0.1:9990 refused
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:49:44,828 WARN  Task[Error setting up sudo for
>>>> octo@127.0.0.1
>>>> (exit code 0, entity NginxControllerImpl{id=rjXgZPYH}):ZNerouRR] was
>>>> never
>>>> submitted; did the code create it and forget to run it? ('cancel' the
>> task
>>>> to suppress this message)
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,209 WARN  Error invoking start at
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,212 ERROR Cluster DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=
>>>> NYNoDm0p}
>>>> failed to start entity JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg} (removing):
>>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> java.lang.IllegalStateException: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> at brooklyn.entity.basic.Entities.waitForServiceUp(Entities.java:1060)
>>>> ~[brooklyn-core-0.7.0-SNAPSHOT.jar:0.7.0-SNAPSHOT]
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,463 WARN  Service is not up when setting running on
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}; delayed 205ms but Sensor:
>>>> service.isUp (java.lang.Boolean) did not recover from false;
>>>>
>> not-up-indicators={service-not-up-indicators-from-children-and-members=No
>>>> entities present}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,464 WARN  Setting DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=
>>>> NYNoDm0p}
>>>> on-fire due to problems when expected running, up=false, problems:
>>>> {start=start failed with error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Node in
>>>> cluster DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking
>>>> start
>>>> at JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,464 WARN  Setting DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=
>>>> NYNoDm0p}
>>>> on-fire due to problems when expected running, up=false, problems:
>>>> {start=start failed with error: java.lang.IllegalStateException: Node in
>>>> cluster DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking
>>>> start
>>>> at JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,467 WARN  Error invoking start at
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}: Node in cluster
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,470 WARN  Error invoking start at
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}: Error invoking start at
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}: Node in cluster
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,495 WARN  Error invoking start at
>>>> ControlledDynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=gM6QRpgi}: 1 of 2 parallel child
>>>> tasks failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}: Node in cluster
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,496 WARN  Error invoking start at
>>>> ControlledDynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=gM6QRpgi}: 1 of 2 parallel child
>>>> tasks failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}: Node in cluster
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,511 WARN  Setting BasicApplicationImpl{id=cz31Os4o}
>>>> on-fire due to problems when expected running, up=true, problems:
>>>> {service-lifecycle-indicators-from-children-and-members=Required entity
>>>> not
>>>> healthy: ControlledDynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=gM6QRpgi}}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,511 WARN  Setting BasicApplicationImpl{id=cz31Os4o}
>>>> on-fire due to problems when expected running, up=true, problems:
>>>> {service-lifecycle-indicators-from-children-and-members=Required entity
>>>> not
>>>> healthy: ControlledDynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=gM6QRpgi}}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,511 WARN  Error invoking start at
>>>> BasicApplicationImpl{id=cz31Os4o}: 1 of 2 parallel child tasks failed: 1
>>>> of
>>>> 2 parallel child tasks failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}: Node in cluster
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}
>>>>
>>>> 2015-03-23 17:51:02,512 WARN  Error invoking start at
>>>> BasicApplicationImpl{id=cz31Os4o}: 1 of 2 parallel child tasks failed: 1
>>>> of
>>>> 2 parallel child tasks failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p}: Node in cluster
>>>> DynamicWebAppClusterImpl{id=NYNoDm0p} failed: Error invoking start at
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}: Timeout waiting for SERVICE_UP from
>>>> JBoss7ServerImpl{id=ou6Odbsg}"
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I already configured the SSH localhost. I'm using OS X 10.10.2. I
>> already
>>>> enabled the remote login in the sharing part as well.
>>>>
>>>>
>>>> I would really appreciate any help.
>>>>
>>>>


Mime
  • Unnamed multipart/alternative (inline, None, 0 bytes)
View raw message