brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Grant <duncan.gr...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Softlayer max name length
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 14:19:59 GMT
After extensive testing it would appear that anything up to 55 chars seems
to be fine.  Between 56-58 characters you could jclouds exceptions while
provisioning.  From 59 chars up to around 80 ish you get a provisioned
machine with no hostname and if you set the chars at higher than 100(ish)
you get an error saying that the maximum length had been exceeded.

I'll create a PR with a 55 character limit but I'd appreciate it if someone
else could test this before it is merged.

Sam,

Thanks for the feedback - I don't keep my logs for long but I'll have a
look the next time it happens.

thanks

Duncan