brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Duncan Grant <duncan.gr...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Softlayer max name length
Date Mon, 02 Feb 2015 09:25:01 GMT
I agree, it's really annoying. The hostname resolves to "(none)" , which I
assume means there isn't one set.

I'll do some testing on the maximum size.

Ambari does a test when it starts that the hostname resolves to the
machines ip and refuses to start if it doesn't.  For softlayer I currently
use the binddns entity to make the hostnames resolve, although I'm finding
this a bit hit and miss - sometimes all my entities get configured properly
and sometimes one or two won't have a dns entry - I assume this is a timing
issue but I haven't looked into it at the moment.