brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice van Ree <maurice.van...@luminis.eu>
Subject Re: Deploying applications to Azure locations needs support for jclouds 2.0? Is this on the roadmap?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 10:46:35 GMT
Hi Alex and Andrea,

Thanks for your responses!

Nice to hear Brooklyn tracks the latest jclouds releases relatively
quickly, I saw the trunk uses the latest release indeed.

I was just typing up that azurecompute isn't included in jclouds 2.0 at
this point when Andrea responded. My plan was to take a look on seeing
where azurecompute stood at this point, by possibly adding jclouds 2.0
support to Brooklyn, and then adding in azurecompute. However, I saw your
comments on jclouds-664, and you seem to be right on top of it already
Andrea :-). That and your response saved me a lot of time investigating on
where azurecompute stands at this point, as you've just told me.
Following this closely for the time being, you guys seem to be doing the
right things!

I'll have a go at leveraging the azure-cli in the meantime. I also found
that link, but as I've done some things with jclouds before (using AWS),
and the "We hope as jclouds Azure support matures, that will replace this
library!" note on that page, I chose to investigate the jclouds route
mostly.

Best Regards,

Maurice