brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Maurice van Ree <maurice.van...@luminis.eu>
Subject Deploying applications to Azure locations needs support for jclouds 2.0? Is this on the roadmap?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 09:45:01 GMT
Hi All,

I'm investigating both Brooklyn and Azure to see whether this would be a
possible/good solution to deploy OSGi applications when an Azure deployment
is one of the requirements.

However Brooklyn currently seems to only support jclouds 1.7.2, which only
provides Azure Blob Service support if I'm correct?
There is upcoming support for azurecompute (
https://github.com/jclouds/jclouds-labs/tree/master/azurecompute/src/main/java/org/jclouds/azurecompute/compute)
But this seems to be based on the jclouds 2.0 trunk/snapshot, which makes
it hard to add to Brooklyn without updating jclouds support entirely in
Brooklyn.

I've tried adding the azurecompute library to the brooklyn 0.7.0-m1 sample
libs as well as the the azure-cli to the pom.xml, and then configured a
location as follows:

*brooklyn.location.named.Azure\ Azure\ (west-eu) = jclouds:azurecompute*
*brooklyn.location.jclouds.azurecompute.name
<http://brooklyn.location.jclouds.azurecompute.name> = Microsoft Azure
Service Management Service API*
*brooklyn.location.jclouds.azurecompute.version = 2014-06-01*
*brooklyn.location.jclouds.azurecompute.identityName = azure.p12*
*brooklyn.location.jclouds.azurecompute.credentialName = mypassword*
*brooklyn.location.jclouds.azurecompute.defaultEndpoint =
https://management.core.windows.net/mysubscriptionid
*brooklyn.location.jclouds.azurecompute.endpointName =
https://manage.windowsazure.com/mysubscriptionid

I'm running into the following problem at this point:

*Failure running task invoking start[locations] on 2 nodes (phErXWpZ)