brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: IRC and chat
Date Mon, 12 Jan 2015 14:48:37 GMT

This is for users who have hit stumbling blocks, asked on IRC, and got
neglected.  Many don't want to come to the dev mailing list (and we
don't have a "users" mailing list yet).

+1 dev discussions should be taken to the list if they are at all important

--A

On 12/01/2015 14:21, Jim Jagielski wrote:
> If all really important discussions are done on the
> mailing list, or brought to the mailing list, as
> they should be, is this really a problem?
>
>> On Jan 12, 2015, at 8:24 AM, Alex Heneveld <alex.heneveld@cloudsoftcorp.com>
wrote:

>> Hi folks-
>>
>> We've had some folks complaining about IRC messages getting ignored.  I think a problem
for many is that the Mac IRC clients seem to have bad reconnect behaviour.  And some people
go offline and miss messages.

>> To help with this I've set up mirroring (two-way) between #brooklyncentral and https://gitter.im/brooklyncentral/brooklyn
.

>> Everything should work fine if you log in to either or both.  If you use the gitter
desktop you'll get the usual notifications; and even just the web ui is easier for many.