brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Deploying applications to Azure locations needs support for jclouds 2.0? Is this on the roadmap?
Date Mon, 05 Jan 2015 09:56:50 GMT

Hi Maurice,

Try the latest snapshot / master branch of Brooklyn which uses much more
recent jclouds.  If needed you could change the location/jclouds/pom.xml
to point at this version.

We tend to track the latest release version of jclouds as soon as it is
available, and sometimes we take interim cuts of jclouds where new
features are needed.

I think folks have looked at jclouds 2.0 and concluded it is not a
significant jump.  There are others using Azure but not via jclouds,
just using a CLI adapter layer into Brooklyn. azurecompute might be
useful for them.

Maybe supporting an interim jclouds 2.0-alpha (is that the final jclouds
numbering scheme?) would be a good idea?

Best
Alex