brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject [ANNOUNCE] Apache Brooklyn 0.7.0-M2-incubating released and ready for download
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2014 14:42:48 GMT
All,

The Apache Brooklyn (incubating) PPMC are pleased to announce that,
following passing votes from this list and from the IPMC,
0.7.0-M2-incubating has been officially released and is ready for
download. This is our first release as an Apache incubating project.

Download instructions can be found on our website:
https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/download.html

or you can go straight to the list of mirrored download locations of
the source release:
https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/brooklyn/0.7.0-M2-incubating/apache-brooklyn-0.7.0-M2-incubating.tar.gz

The user guide can be viewed at:
https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/v/0.7.0-M2-incubating/use/guide/index.html

New Features:

* A huge expansion of what can be done in YAML.
* First-class Chef integration
* New clouds:  GCE, Softlayer
* Networking
* Docker support:  see [clocker.io](clocker.io)

Backwards Compatibility

Persistence has been radically overhauled. In most cases the state
files from previous versions are compatible, but some items have had
to change. For most users this should not be an issue as persistence
in the previous version was not working well in any case.

Best regards
Richard Downer