brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Help required - ZeroClipboard in jsgui
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2014 11:10:16 GMT
Svet,

No luck for me - using this branch, copy&paste is broken in Chrome,
Firefox and Safari (all on Mac)

All,

Could somebody else try to reproduce from Svet's branch?

Thanks
Richard.

On 2 December 2014 at 10:54, Svetoslav Neykov
<svetoslav.neykov@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
> Hi Richard,
> I made another try at using the hosted version, this time it's working without any issues.
Probably was using the wrong version last time.

> Could you try the changes at https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/371. Works
fine for me, with the exception of browsers with disabled flash (where it silently fails).

> Svet.

- 1.3.1 - even though there are much newer versions available. Maybe a newer version will
help? I did try the latest version but it did not work, but as you may have seen from some
of my earlier messages I was getting very confused about what was being built at one stage,
so maybe the mistake was on my side.

> Another alternative is to not keep ZeroClipboard.js either, and load both .js and .swf
from the CDN. I'm not sufficiently familiar with require.js to be able to make this change
myself...

> Richard.
>

> On 1 December 2014 at 17:10, Svetoslav Neykov <svetoslav.neykov@cloudsoftcorp.com>
wrote:
>> Hi Richard,
>> Tried using the remote URL and although I don't get JS errors the copy functionality
stops working. The reason is cross-domain security restrictions applied by flash. According
to the ZeroClipboard docs the code should auto-detect and deal with this but apparently it's
not happening. I'll see if this can be fixed.

intention is to replace it with a CDN-hosted version, such as http://cdnjs.com/libraries/zeroclipboard.

>> However my attempts have all ended in failure. I replace the references to ZeroClipboard.swf
with the CDN-based URL, and copy-to-clipboard stops working. The Javascript console is showing
a failure inside ZeroClipboard.js which I cannot explain.