brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Elvinas Piliponis <Elvinas.Pilipo...@virtustream.com>
Subject RE: Does Brooklyn ignore provisioning properties in YAML?
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2014 12:21:38 GMT
Hello,

Thanks for response and being patient with me. :)

> _*
> "*__*silently attempted to install JBoss7*__*"*_
> I'm not sure I follow this comment. Is this because you tried to
> redefine SingleWebServerExample in catalog.xml?

You have explained already. I have misunderstood the intend od SimpleWebvServer.
As running command line did not finish successfully due to default image have not had "which",
I did not see the end result. And I did not read example page accurately... It tells "The
simplest of these, SingleWebServerExample, starts JBoss on a single machine". :)

Regarding usage which, I would say this is an open question for discussion. CentOS does seem
to include which to base installation set as showed by 'yum groupinfo "base"'. Fedora, apparently
does not.

As for catalog and download URL, will read slowly and try to digest before writing any responses.
No response is better than false alarm.

> You could try changing the yaml to including `provisioning.properties`
> nested inside a `brooklyn.config` section.

Meaning like this?
------------------
name: xStream-install
location: openstack

services:
- type: brooklyn.demo.SingleWebServerExample
  brooklyn.config:
    provisioning.properties:
      minRam: 512
      minCores: 1
      minDisk: 10
      autoAssignFloatingIp: true
      imageId: RegionOne/15df41d1-d5e1-4b1e-8427-1ffdd2eb011c
      hardwareId: RegionOne/24b24f68-535a-4c73-a052-52022240a2e3
      networkName: 0869c8a0-47ab-4eb1-a6eb-0072172cd880
      keyPair: brooklyn
      securityGroups: default
      privateKeyFile: /opt/brooklyn/brooklyn.pem
      loginUser: root

Thank you
Elvinas Piliponis

Studentų  g. 59-B707, LT-51365, Kaunas | Lietuva