brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Brooklyn integration tests on apache infrastructure
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2014 10:25:38 GMT
Hi all,

Richard mentioned that we could potentially run our integration tests on
apache infrastructure. That sounds good to me.

    "Andrew Bayer is keen that all Apache projects move off their own
    infrastructure to use this. I mentioned that we had chosen to keep
    Brooklyn's integration tests off builds.apache.org as our tests can
    leave a mess behind sometimes, but Andrew said this should not stop us
    using the Apache infrastructure and cloud build slaves could handle
    this problem. So I will reach out to Andrew to find out how we can run
    our integration tests inside Apache."

Currently we are running them on [1].

Some of our tests rely on special environment settings. For example,
some nginx tests assume that localhost1, localhost2 etc will be in
/etc/hosts [2]. Similarly, some tests expect an ssh key with a pass
phrase to exist [3]. Some of these tests we could re-write, others we
could add another testng group so they are excluded from the integration
tests that are run by apache.

Aled

[1] http://brooklyn.builds.cloudsoftcorp.com.
[2]