brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Joe Brockmeier <...@zonker.net>
Subject Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Brooklyn 0.7.0-M2-incubating [rc0]
Date Tue, 11 Nov 2014 22:58:00 GMT
On 11/11/2014 04:47 PM, Aled Sage wrote:
> Having reviewed those config files and the MariaDB / JBoss docs, I
> believe there is a strong case for this being config that just matches
> snippets from the docs, and examples that are readily available on a
> myriad of blogs. Our template config files are similar to the default
> files, but unsurprisingly the defaults match docs and thus match what
> one would write for a basic deployment.
>
> I therefore conclude that our version of the files are not (L)GPL
> licensed, and that we should remove them from the NOTICE file.
>
> *Mentors:* any comments?

Sorry - are your files taken from the templates and slightly modified,
or are they config files that simply happen to have similar sections to
the defaults / documentation examples?

We went through all these things with a fine-toothed comb for Apache
CloudStack - possibly with even more caution than absolutely necessary -
and we did wind up contacting several upstream maintainers to get a
sign-off on their config files not being licensed under LGPL/GPL, etc.

Best,

jzb
--
Joe Brockmeier