brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From "Svetoslav Neykov" <svetoslav.ney...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Website security issues
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2014 15:10:31 GMT
Hi,

I am having security issues using brooklyn.incubator.apache.org over https.
I get untrusted connection warnings. I have to explicitly accept the
untrusted certificate so I can use the site.

The problem is that the certificate's Common Name (CN) is *.apache.org which
apparently doesn't include second level subdomains. Initially only some of
the pages would display the warning page, while others would work. Turns out
the pages in my cache had *.incubator.apache.org certificate and those would
work without issues, while if I tried to navigate to a new (cold) page I
would get the warning.

Svet.