brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: SoftwareProcessImpl doStart() Error
Date Fri, 31 Oct 2014 15:41:57 GMT
Hi Zaid,

The javadoc on the method you're trying to override
(SoftwareProcessImpl.doStart()) says:

          * @deprecated since 0.7.0 override {@link #preStart()} or
    {@link #postStart()},
          * or define a {@link
    SoftwareProcessDriverLifecycleEffectorTasks} subclass if more
    complex behaviour needed
          * (this method is no longer invoked by the {@link
    EffectorBody} call path,
          * hence deprecating it and marking it final to highlight
    incompatibilities at compile time)

Does overriding preStart or postStart fit your use-case?

Aled

On 31/10/2014 14:12, Zaid Mohsin wrote:
> Hello,
> I just pulled the latest build of brooklyn and got the following compiler error in my
entity, which worked fine before.

> Error:(72, 20) java: doStart(java.util.Collection<? extends brooklyn.location.Location>)
in io.cloudsoft.ycsb.YCSBNodeImpl cannot override doStart(java.util.Collection<? extends
brooklyn.location.Location>) in brooklyn.entity.basic.SoftwareProcessImpl