brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Persisting catalogues
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2014 13:29:10 GMT
Hi Sam,

Is there any way to merge the persisted catalog with the defined
catalog? So that if the user adds new entries to the catalog through
another mechanism (catalog.xml being the obvious one) they will be
added to Brooklyn even if there is persisted state.

Perhaps only late-added catalog entries - using the mechanism you
suggest - should be persisted? Everything loaded through catalog.xml
does not get persisted?

Ideally in the future I'd like to see the catalog get populated
automatically through introspection, so that dropping e.g. the Clocker
jar into dropins would be all that's needed to get it into the
catalog. So I'm keen that your solution here wouldn't conflict with
that. OTOH, code talks, and I don't have any code yet :-)

Richard.