brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: license headers and config section
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 08:03:17 GMT

David-  Thanks.

Chip, mentors-  Appreciate your thoughts.

The issue is that many of the HTML files are templates.  Many are just
one-line.  They'll be included hundreds of times, or thousands if it's a
big (in-memory) table when pages are rendered.  So it has significant
performance and memory impact.

It is only those templates which have had the header removed.  All the
base HTML files include the header.

I don't know if it makes a difference but these template files are not
in the distributables directly (wrt the condition that "human readable
files in the distribution); they are only inside the WAR inside the
distributable and there is already a LICENSE inside the WAR.

Given the above would this be alright?  Or if not can you suggest how
other projects resolve this?

Cheers
Alex