brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Alex Heneveld <alex.henev...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject license headers and config section
Date Wed, 17 Sep 2014 09:17:56 GMT
Hi folks,

I've prepared a PR #169 which removes the license headers from the YAML
blueprints, as discussed.  The reason was that these are used as
examples, often cutting and pasting, and having the license really gets
in the way at runtime.  (You can't see the blueprint when you paste the
YAML into the GUI, all you see are the headers!)

I've also remove it from most of the HTML source pages:  I don't think
we realized the implication of putting them there -- since most of the
HTML pages are templates, the license header ends up included in the
resulting HTML hundreds of times!  This bloats the pages and slows down
processing.

The header is still included in the root index.html which is used for
every page -- so it appears in every page at runtime.  It is also in
every CSS and JS, where the optimizer can remove it so there is no
runtime impact.

I think this is the best compromise but of course if there is guidance
to the contrary we can reconsider.

I have also moved the config section to the summary tab, to try that
out.  [#168]

Best
Alex

[#169]  https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn/pull/169