brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject Re: New Node.JS Entity
Date Mon, 25 Aug 2014 09:32:48 GMT
On 24 August 2014 20:43, Andrew Kennedy
<andrew.kennedy@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
> I've recently merged the code for a new entity that runs a Node.JS
> application from a GitHub repository or a .tgz archive
[..]
> One really cool thing about this is that you can build a complex
> multi-service application that uses Node.JS using only the YAML blueprint.

That is very cool - a complete app defined using off-the-shelf
components and references to existing code, deployed to a cloud (or
Docker-Clocker) just using YAML and no additional coding. Just what
Brooklyn should be about :-)

I'm not hugely familiar with Node.js. I'm assuming it's using its own
embedded web server - are there any interesting sensors we can get out
of that to drive an auto-scaler policy? But then Node's reputation is
that it can already reach a very high throughput compared to its
competition so maybe scale is not an issue :-)

Richard.