brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Phasing out Java 6 support.
Date Wed, 13 Aug 2014 14:37:09 GMT
Hi Svet,

I recently asked one Brooklyn enterprise customer if Java 6 was
important to them - they said no.
We need a few more data points to see if any major enterprise customers
will be requiring Java 6.

I expect we can go with option 2 (i.e. drop Java 6 support in approx 6
months).
I agree we need to communicate this to our users.

For groovy-compiler, I'd love to see all our Groovy go but it's still a
slow process to convert the remaining tests written in Groovy.
Short term, we should upgrade the groovy compiler version. There's no
reason to still be on groovy 1.8.x that I'm aware of.
It's just tests, so should not impact any production code.

Aled