brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Debian PATH problems
Date Fri, 01 Aug 2014 13:02:48 GMT
Hi Zaid,

Is this happening when you run `sudo` commands, or at other times as well?

Which Debian version is it?

On your Debian VM, can you check if /etc/sudoers file contains the line:
     Defaults
secure_path="/usr/local/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/bin:/sbin:/bin"
(or if there is a file in /etc/sudoers.d/ that sets secure_path).

See https://wiki.debian.org/sudo, section "PATH not set".

Aled

On 01/08/2014 12:36, Zaid Mohsin wrote:
> Hello,
>
> whenever I’m dealing with Debian VMs I always encounter this problem:
>
> Note: PATH should usually contain /usr/local/sbin, /usr/sbin and /sbin
>
> so in order to deploy on Debian machines I have to add a PATH export before doing any
SSH driver installations/launches.