brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Jesus arteche <chechu.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Social-app
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 17:15:35 GMT
I got to fix that one...I forgot to import that library.

However, now I got this:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile
(default-testCompile) on project brooklyn-social-apps: Compilation failure

[ERROR]
/Users/chechu/scripts/brooklyn-social-app-original/brooklyn-social-apps/src/test/java/io/cloudsoft/socialapps/drupal/DrupalLiveTest.java:[36,33]
destroyAll(brooklyn.management.ManagementContext) in
brooklyn.entity.basic.Entities cannot be applied to
(brooklyn.test.entity.TestApplication)

[ERROR] -> [Help 1]

org.apache.maven.lifecycle.LifecycleExecutionException: Failed to execute
goal org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:testCompile
(default-testCompile) on project brooklyn-social-apps: Compilation failure

/Users/chechu/scripts/brooklyn-social-app-original/brooklyn-social-apps/src/test/java/io/cloudsoft/socialapps/drupal/DrupalLiveTest.java:[36,33]
destroyAll(brooklyn.management.ManagementContext) in
brooklyn.entity.basic.Entities cannot be applied to
(brooklyn.test.entity.TestApplication)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:212)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:153)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:145)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:116)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleModuleBuilder.buildProject(LifecycleModuleBuilder.java:80)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.builder.singlethreaded.SingleThreadedBuilder.build(SingleThreadedBuilder.java:51)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.LifecycleStarter.execute(LifecycleStarter.java:120)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.doExecute(DefaultMaven.java:347)

at org.apache.maven.DefaultMaven.execute(DefaultMaven.java:154)

at

at

at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launchEnhanced(Launcher.java:289)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.launch(Launcher.java:229)

at
org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.mainWithExitCode(Launcher.java:415)

at org.codehaus.plexus.classworlds.launcher.Launcher.main(Launcher.java:356)

Caused by: org.apache.maven.plugin.CompilationFailureException: Compilation
failure

/Users/chechu/scripts/brooklyn-social-app-original/brooklyn-social-apps/src/test/java/io/cloudsoft/socialapps/drupal/DrupalLiveTest.java:[36,33]
destroyAll(brooklyn.management.ManagementContext) in
brooklyn.entity.basic.Entities cannot be applied to
(brooklyn.test.entity.TestApplication)

at
org.apache.maven.plugin.AbstractCompilerMojo.execute(AbstractCompilerMojo.java:656)

at
org.apache.maven.plugin.TestCompilerMojo.execute(TestCompilerMojo.java:161)

at
org.apache.maven.plugin.DefaultBuildPluginManager.executeMojo(DefaultBuildPluginManager.java:132)

at
org.apache.maven.lifecycle.internal.MojoExecutor.execute(MojoExecutor.java:208)

... 19 more

[ERROR]

[ERROR]

please read the following articles:

[ERROR] [Help 1]
http://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/MAVEN/MojoFailureException

This is the file:

package io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal;

import static
brooklyn.event.basic.DependentConfiguration.attributeWhenReady;

import java.util.Arrays;

import org.testng.annotations.AfterMethod;

import org.testng.annotations.BeforeMethod;

import org.testng.annotations.Test;

import brooklyn.entity.proxying.EntitySpec;

import brooklyn.entity.basic.ApplicationBuilder;

import brooklyn.entity.basic.Entities;

import brooklyn.entity.database.mysql.MySqlNode;

import brooklyn.location.Location;

import brooklyn.test.HttpTestUtils;

import brooklyn.test.entity.TestApplication;

public class DrupalLiveTest {

    private final static String SCRIPT = "create database drupal; " +

            "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX,
ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON drupal.* TO 'drupal'@'localhost'
 IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; " +

            "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX,
ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON drupal.* TO 'drupal'@'127.0.0.1'
 IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; " +

            "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX,
ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON drupal.* TO 'drupal'@'%'
 IDENTIFIED BY 'password';" +

            "FLUSH PRIVILEGES;";

    private TestApplication app;

    private Location location;

    @BeforeMethod(alwaysRun = true)

    public void setUp() {

        app = ApplicationBuilder.newManagedApp(TestApplication.class);

    }

    @AfterMethod(alwaysRun = true)

    public void tearDown() {

        if (app != null) Entities.destroyAll(app);

    }

    @Test(groups = "Live")

    public void test() {

        MySqlNode mySqlNode =
app.createAndManageChild(EntitySpec.create(MySqlNode.class)

                .configure(MySqlNode.CREATION_SCRIPT_CONTENTS, SCRIPT));

        Drupal drupal =
app.createAndManageChild(EntitySpec.create(Drupal.class)

                .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_PORT,
attributeWhenReady(mySqlNode, MySqlNode.MYSQL_PORT))

                .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_UP,
attributeWhenReady(mySqlNode, MySqlNode.SERVICE_UP))

                .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_HOST,
attributeWhenReady(mySqlNode, MySqlNode.HOSTNAME))

                .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_SCHEMA, "drupal")

                .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_USER, "drupal")

                .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_PASSWORD, "password")

                .configure(Drupal.ADMIN_EMAIL, "foo@bar.com"));

        location =
app.getManagementContext().getLocationRegistry().resolve("aws-ec2:us-east-1");

        app.start(Arrays.asList(location));

        HttpTestUtils.assertContentEventuallyContainsText("http://" +
drupal.getAttribute(Drupal.HOSTNAME) + "/index.php", "Welcome");

    }

}

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:

> Can you copy-paste your line 15 of Drupal.java, and confirm that the class
> has an import for brooklyn.entity.basic.ConfigKeys
>

> On 17/07/2014 13:53, Jesus arteche wrote:
>
>> mmm still getting this:
>>
>> [ERROR] Failed to execute goal
>> org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile
>> (default-compile) on project brooklyn-social-apps: Compilation failure
>>
>> [ERROR]
>> /Users/chechu/scripts/brooklyn-social-app-original/
>> brooklyn-social-apps/src/main/java/io/cloudsoft/socialapps/
>> drupal/Drupal.java:[15,3]
>> cannot find symbol
>>
>> [ERROR] symbol  : variable ConfigKeys
>>
>> [ERROR] location: interface io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal.Drupal
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>

>>>   public static final BasicConfigKey<String> SUGGESTED_VERSION =

>>>     ConfigKey<String> SUGGESTED_VERSION =
>>>     ConfigKeys.newConfigKeyWithDefault(SoftwareProcess.SUGGESTED_
>>> VERSION,
>>> "7.17");
>>>
>>> ---
>>> To run on other cloud providers, you should be able to give it any other
>>> location you choose (assuming that location is configured in
>>> ~/.brooklyn/brooklyn.properties).
>>> The code in `BasicDrupalApp.java` is just adding some extra config for
>>> aws-ec2 and for cloudservers-uk. If softlayer is already configured
>>> appropriately it will just work.
>>>
>>> For example, try running something like:
>>>
>>>     brooklyn launch --app
>>>     io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal.examples.BasicDrupalApp --location
>>>     softlayer-debian
>>>
>>> or the custom main method directly:
>>>
>>>     io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal.examples.BasicDrupalApp --location
>>>     softlayer-debian
>>>
>>> where you have in your brooklyn.properties:
>>>
>>>     brooklyn.location.jclouds.softlayer.identity=ABCDEFGH
>>>     brooklyn.location.jclouds.softlayer.credential=
>>> abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk
>>>     brooklyn.location.named.softlayer-debian=jclouds:softlayer
>>>     brooklyn.location.named.softlayer-debian.imageId=DEBIAN_7_64
>>>
>>> ---
>>> We should really take out the hard-coded properties from
>>> BasicDrupalApp.main, and instead document it better that just Debian is
>>> supported (and give some examples of how to do that for different
>>> clouds).
>>>
>>> But that's an exercise for a later day I think!
>>>
>>> Aled
>>>

>>> On 16/07/2014 22:17, Jesus arteche wrote:
>>>
>>>  mmm Working on that...I think I solved the majority of teh

using? the error

the old Brooklyn

that to work against

to deploy a