brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Jesus arteche <chechu.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Social-app
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:53:01 GMT
mmm still getting this:

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.apache.maven.plugins:maven-compiler-plugin:2.3.2:compile
(default-compile) on project brooklyn-social-apps: Compilation failure

[ERROR]
/Users/chechu/scripts/brooklyn-social-app-original/brooklyn-social-apps/src/main/java/io/cloudsoft/socialapps/drupal/Drupal.java:[15,3]
cannot find symbol

[ERROR] symbol  : variable ConfigKeys

[ERROR] location: interface io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal.Drupal

On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 2:26 PM, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:

> [...]
>>

>> Other topic, the Drupal app is using a debian instance on aws...how can I
>> change this to be able to use at least Debian on SoftLayer...or if
>> possible
>> in any cloud provider?
>>
>> this is the code:
>> BrooklynProperties brooklynProperties =
>> BrooklynProperties.Factory.newDefault();
>>          brooklynProperties.put("brooklyn.jclouds.aws-ec2.image-id",
>> "us-east-1/ami-7ce17315");
>>          brooklynProperties.put("brooklyn.jclouds.aws-ec2.loginUser",
>> "admin");
>>
>> brooklynProperties.put("brooklyn.jclouds.cloudservers-
>> uk.image-name-regex",
>> "Debian 6");
>>
>> brooklynProperties.remove("brooklyn.jclouds.cloudservers-uk.image-id");
>>

>> On Sun, Jul 13, 2014 at 10:56 PM, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>  Hi,
>>>

>>>  you meant I should compile the code of Brooklyn 0.6?
>>>>
>>> I meant that you can update the pom of brooklyn-social-apps [1] to depend
>>> on brooklyn 0.6.0 - mvn (and IDEs like Eclipse and IntelliJ) will pull
>>> down
>>> the pre-built jars from maven central when it next does a full build.
>>>
>>> The idea behind my suggestion of updating first to 0.6.0, rather than
>>> straight to 0.7.0-M1, was to get the relevant deprecation warnings - the
>>> javadoc of the now-deprecated code will point you at the alternative code
>>> to use. Most IDEs will tell you about all the deprecation warnings in the
>>> code. Running javac (or `mvn clean install`) at the command line should
>>> also warn you about deprecation warnings.
>>>
>>> If updating straight from 0.5.0 (or an old 0.6.0-SNAPSHOT) to 0.7.0-M1
>>> then you might find code had been deleted, without seeing the
>>> intermediate
>>> deprecation warnings.
>>>
>>> The release notes for each version includes information on deprecated
>>> code, but I would not guarantee it is a 100% complete list. The javadoc
>>> on
>>> the methods is the authoritative source:
>>> http://brooklyncentral.github.io/v/0.7.0-M1/start/release-notes.html
>>> http://brooklyncentral.github.io/v/0.6.0/start/release-notes.html
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Two things about the NoClassDefFoundError you are seeing.
>>>
>>> First, the BasicEntitySpec was deprecated in 0.6.0 [2] and deleted in
>>> 0.7.0-M1. Instead, use `EntitySpec.create()`.
>>>
>>> Second, getting a NoClassDefFoundError usual means that you have compiled
>>> the code against a different version from what you are running against. I
>>> presume you have compiled against 0.6.0, and are trying to run it
>>> against a
>>> more recent brooklyn?
>>>
>>> [1] https://github.com/cloudsoft/brooklyn-social-apps/
>>> [2] https://github.com/brooklyncentral/brooklyn/blob/
>>> 0.6.x/core/src/main/java/brooklyn/entity/proxying/BasicEntitySpec.java
>>>

>>> On 13/07/2014 20:55, Jesus arteche wrote:
>>>
>>>  I got to compile with mvn the social-apps....When trying to run Drupal

the error

or in

Brooklyn

deploy a