brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrew.kenn...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject New Advanced Networking Project
Date Mon, 07 Jul 2014 16:07:43 GMT
All.

This is to announce the availability of a new advanced networking project
for Brooklyn. The project contains entities, locations and supporting code
that can be used when building new blueprints. They provide features like
subnet and CIDR based access control, port forwarding support, and allow
use of extra native features in the latest releases of CloudStack.

The main new capabilities are as follows:

- Port forwarding
- Subnet entities
- Docker port forwarding
- Load balancer entities
- Advanced CloudStack

These features are what is used to provide the transparent forwarding of
the mapped Docker ports in the Clocker project. Other examples can be found
in the live test cases, and we are working on further user documentation.
To use tthese libraries in your projects ensure that you have the Sonatype
OSS snapshot repository configured, then add one of the following
dependencies to your POM file.

For the port forwarding and subnet features, use this:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>io.brooklyn.networking</groupId>
        <artifactId>brooklyn-networking-portforwarding</artifactId>
        <version>0.7.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>

Or, for the CloudStack features, including the native load balancer, use
this:

    <dependency>
        <groupId>io.brooklyn.networking</groupId>
        <artifactId>brooklyn-networking-cloudstack</artifactId>
        <version>0.7.0-SNAPSHOT</version>
    </dependency>

The original code was developed by Cloudsoft, and we have released it under
the Apache 2.0 license. You can access the repository on GitHub, and clone
or fork it to make changes.

- https://github.com/brooklyncentral/advanced-networking/

We think these features will be useful to the Brooklyn user and developer
community, and we encourage people to improve and extend them.

Thanks,
Andrew.
--
-- andrew kennedy ? engineer : http://cloudsoftcorp.com/developers/ ;