brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrew.kenn...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: New Advanced Networking Project
Date Tue, 08 Jul 2014 12:38:02 GMT
Bryan,

Yes it supports multiple tags, so if you set the string as "Dev,Web,Blah"
it will give you three tags. If you want key-value pairs then you need to
use the `USER_METADATA_MAP` location config key, something like this:

- jclouds:aws-ec2:eu-west-1:
  tags: "Brooklyn"
  userMetadata:
     - "Env": "Dev"
     - "Project": "Test"

So, the VMs would have "Brooklyn", "Env" = "Dev" and "Project" = "Test"
tags set. The issue with the user metadata in jclouds is that it's not
supported in as many cloud APIs as simple tags. Amzon EC2 and OpenStack
should be OK, though.

Andrew.

--
-- andrew kennedy ? engineer : http://cloudsoftcorp.com/developers/ ;