brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 10:33:39 GMT
We should start thinking about making a release. It's an important
milestone in incubation; there will also likely be quite a bit of
working involved in getting our codebase and our procedures compliant
to Apache standard, and will probably be one or two mis-steps along
the way. So I would like to start planning our next release as soon as
possible. We have also added several major new features recently and
it would be great to get these out of SNAPSHOTs and into something
that we can put on the front page of the website!

The first question is what our next release would be. It could be
0.7.0-M2-incubating - or it could be a GA version, 0.7.0-incubating.

While we've collectively made great progress towards our goals for a
0.7.0 GA, it may be better to give ourselves a bit of breathing space
and commence with an M2 release. This means we can concentrate on
getting a good Apache-compliant release, and save filling in the
missing GA-required features until afterwards.

What are peoples thoughts?

Richard.