brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Social-app
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 22:44:12 GMT
Hi,

To launch the app, one way is to use the standard `brooklyn launch`.
For that, you'll need a standard install of Brooklyn (see [1] for
installing + launching instructions).
You'll need the brooklyn-social-apps jars (from the target directory),
dropped into the ./lib/dropin/ directory (before launching).
You can then run at the command line something like:
     brooklyn launch --app
io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal.examples.BasicDrupalApp --location
softlayer-debian

Alternatively, you could run the basicDrupalApp main method from your IDE:
     io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal.examples.BasicDrupalApp --location
softlayer-debian

You'll need to define your location + credentials in
~/.brooklyn/brooklyn.properies first as well. For example:
     brooklyn.location.jclouds.softlayer.identity=ABCDEFGH
brooklyn.location.jclouds.softlayer.credential=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk
     brooklyn.location.named.softlayer-debian=jclouds:softlayer
     brooklyn.location.named.softlayer-debian.imageId=DEBIAN_7_64

(or similar for other clouds - see [2,3]).

Aled

[1] https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/quickstart/
[2]
https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/v/0.7.0-M1/use/guide/locations/index.html
[3] https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/quickstart/brooklyn.properties

On 17/07/2014 23:24, Jesus arteche wrote:
> [...]
>> brooklyn.event.basic.DependentConfiguration.attributeWhenReady;
>>

>> import java.util.Arrays;
>>

>> import org.testng.annotations.AfterMethod;
>>
>> import org.testng.annotations.BeforeMethod;
>>
>> import org.testng.annotations.Test;
>>
>> import brooklyn.entity.proxying.EntitySpec;
>>
>> import brooklyn.entity.basic.ApplicationBuilder;
>>
>> import brooklyn.entity.basic.Entities;
>>
>> import brooklyn.entity.database.mysql.MySqlNode;
>>
>> import brooklyn.location.Location;
>>
>> import brooklyn.test.HttpTestUtils;
>>
>> import brooklyn.test.entity.TestApplication;
>>

>> public class DrupalLiveTest {
>>

>>      private final static String SCRIPT = "create database drupal; " +
>>
>>              "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX,
>> ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON drupal.* TO 'drupal'@'localhost'
>>   IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; " +
>>
>>              "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX,
>> ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON drupal.* TO 'drupal'@'127.0.0.1'
>>   IDENTIFIED BY 'password'; " +
>>
>>              "GRANT SELECT, INSERT, UPDATE, DELETE, CREATE, DROP, INDEX,
>> ALTER, CREATE TEMPORARY TABLES, LOCK TABLES ON drupal.* TO 'drupal'@'%'
>>   IDENTIFIED BY 'password';" +
>>
>>              "FLUSH PRIVILEGES;";
>>

>>      private TestApplication app;
>>
>>      private Location location;
>>

>>      @BeforeMethod(alwaysRun = true)
>>
>>      public void setUp() {
>>
>>          app = ApplicationBuilder.newManagedApp(TestApplication.class);
>>
>>      }
>>

>>      @AfterMethod(alwaysRun = true)
>>
>>      public void tearDown() {
>>
>>          if (app != null) Entities.destroyAll(app);
>>
>>      }
>>

>>      @Test(groups = "Live")
>>
>>      public void test() {
>>
>>          MySqlNode mySqlNode =
>> app.createAndManageChild(EntitySpec.create(MySqlNode.class)
>>
>>                  .configure(MySqlNode.CREATION_SCRIPT_CONTENTS, SCRIPT));
>>

>>          Drupal drupal =
>> app.createAndManageChild(EntitySpec.create(Drupal.class)
>>
>>                  .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_PORT,
>> attributeWhenReady(mySqlNode, MySqlNode.MYSQL_PORT))
>>
>>                  .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_UP,
>> attributeWhenReady(mySqlNode, MySqlNode.SERVICE_UP))
>>
>>                  .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_HOST,
>> attributeWhenReady(mySqlNode, MySqlNode.HOSTNAME))
>>
>>                  .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_SCHEMA, "drupal")
>>
>>                  .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_USER, "drupal")
>>
>>                  .configure(Drupal.DATABASE_PASSWORD, "password")
>>
>>                  .configure(Drupal.ADMIN_EMAIL, "foo@bar.com"));
>>

>>          location =
>> app.getManagementContext().getLocationRegistry().resolve("aws-ec2:us-east-1");
>>
>>          app.start(Arrays.asList(location));
>>

>>          HttpTestUtils.assertContentEventuallyContainsText("http://" +
>> drupal.getAttribute(Drupal.HOSTNAME) + "/index.php", "Welcome");
>>
>>      }
>>
>> }
>>

>> On Thu, Jul 17, 2014 at 3:37 PM, Aled Sage <aled.sage@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Can you copy-paste your line 15 of Drupal.java, and confirm that the
>>> class has an import for brooklyn.entity.basic.ConfigKeys

will pull

look how to fix the

<

code further to run

> [...]