brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Social-app
Date Thu, 17 Jul 2014 12:26:15 GMT
Hi,

> public static final BasicConfigKey<String> SUGGESTED_VERSION =
>            new BasicConfigKey<String>(SoftwareProcess.SUGGESTED_VERSION, "7.17");

Try replacing this with:

    ConfigKey<String> SUGGESTED_VERSION =
    ConfigKeys.newConfigKeyWithDefault(SoftwareProcess.SUGGESTED_VERSION, "7.17");

---
To run on other cloud providers, you should be able to give it any other
location you choose (assuming that location is configured in
~/.brooklyn/brooklyn.properties).
The code in `BasicDrupalApp.java` is just adding some extra config for
aws-ec2 and for cloudservers-uk. If softlayer is already configured
appropriately it will just work.

For example, try running something like:

    brooklyn launch --app
    io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal.examples.BasicDrupalApp --location
    softlayer-debian

or the custom main method directly:

    io.cloudsoft.socialapps.drupal.examples.BasicDrupalApp --location
    softlayer-debian

where you have in your brooklyn.properties:

    brooklyn.location.jclouds.softlayer.identity=ABCDEFGH
    brooklyn.location.jclouds.softlayer.credential=abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyzabcdefghijk
    brooklyn.location.named.softlayer-debian=jclouds:softlayer
    brooklyn.location.named.softlayer-debian.imageId=DEBIAN_7_64

---
We should really take out the hard-coded properties from
BasicDrupalApp.main, and instead document it better that just Debian is
supported (and give some examples of how to do that for different clouds).

But that's an exercise for a later day I think!

Aled

On 16/07/2014 22:17, Jesus arteche wrote:
> [...]
>> also warn you about deprecation warnings.
>>
>> If updating straight from 0.5.0 (or an old 0.6.0-SNAPSHOT) to 0.7.0-M1
>> then you might find code had been deleted, without seeing the intermediate
>> deprecation warnings.
>>
>> The release notes for each version includes information on deprecated
>> code, but I would not guarantee it is a 100% complete list. The javadoc on
>> the methods is the authoritative source:
>> http://brooklyncentral.github.io/v/0.7.0-M1/start/release-notes.html
>> http://brooklyncentral.github.io/v/0.6.0/start/release-notes.html
>>
>> ---
>> Two things about the NoClassDefFoundError you are seeing.
>>
>> First, the BasicEntitySpec was deprecated in 0.6.0 [2] and deleted in
>> 0.7.0-M1. Instead, use `EntitySpec.create()`.
>>
>> Second, getting a NoClassDefFoundError usual means that you have compiled
>> the code against a different version from what you are running against. I
>> presume you have compiled against 0.6.0, and are trying to run it against a
>> more recent brooklyn?
>>
>> [1] https://github.com/cloudsoft/brooklyn-social-apps/
>> [2] https://github.com/brooklyncentral/brooklyn/blob/
>> 0.6.x/core/src/main/java/brooklyn/entity/proxying/BasicEntitySpec.java
>>

>> On 13/07/2014 20:55, Jesus arteche wrote:
>>
>>> I got to compile with mvn the social-apps....When trying to run Drupal
>>> cluster I got:
>>>
>>> 014-07-13 21:18:01,931 INFO  No exception mapping for class
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError, responding 500
>>>
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: brooklyn/entity/proxying/BasicEntitySpec
>>>
>>> at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_65]
>>>
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> brooklyn.entity.proxying.BasicEntitySpec
>>>
>>> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202) ~[na:1.6.0_65]
>>>
>>> 2014-07-13 21:18:01,932 INFO  No exception mapping for class
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError, responding 500
>>>
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: brooklyn/entity/proxying/BasicEntitySpec
>>>
>>> at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredFields0(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_65]
>>>
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> brooklyn.entity.proxying.BasicEntitySpec
>>>
>>> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202) ~[na:1.6.0_65]
>>>
>>> 2014-07-13 21:21:54,853 INFO  No exception mapping for class
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError, responding 500
>>>
>>> java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: brooklyn/entity/proxying/BasicEntitySpec
>>>
>>> at java.lang.Class.getDeclaredConstructors0(Native Method) ~[na:1.6.0_65]
>>>
>>> Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException:
>>> brooklyn.entity.proxying.BasicEntitySpec
>>>
>>> at java.net.URLClassLoader$1.run(URLClassLoader.java:202) ~[na:1.6.0_65]
>>>

>>> I guess you guys substituted brooklyn.entity.proxying.BasicEntitySpec for
>>> another library in version 7...how can I track these changes?
>>>

>>> On Sat, Jul 12, 2014 at 12:04 AM, Jesus arteche <chechu.linux@gmail.com>
>>> wrote:
>>>
>>>   you meant I should compile the code of Brooklyn 0.6?

or in the

The import

SCRIPT);

MutableMap