brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: CI & sonatype builds status -- major refactoring will be needed, suggested plan to minimize disruption
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 11:52:30 GMT
Hi Alex,

Please correct if I misunderstood you, but initial responses are:

  * We should not produce a 0.7.0-M2 outside of apache - as the brooklyn
    community, we should work towards an official apache release.
    However, if an external party (e.g. cloudsoft) chose to produce an
    interim release (e.g. 0.7.0-cloudsoft.M2) then that is fine.
  * Agree with switching to org.apache.brooklyn maven groupId in master.
  * For changing package names, folk like jclouds still use org.jclouds.
    None of their classes are in an org.apache package.
    I lean towards not renaming the packages for the 0.7 release.
    Let's discuss that in a separate e-mail thread with appropriate subject.
  * We should not turn off non-ASF CI servers.
    The ASF CI servers just run unit tests. For integration and live
    tests, we're relying on the machines kindly contributed by Cloudsoft.

Aled