brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Sam Corbett <sam.corb...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Catalogue improvements: OSGi feature proposal; version numbers
Date Wed, 02 Jul 2014 09:41:05 GMT
My initial instinct is to keep to one versioning scheme. Option 2 would
surely be a surprise to users.

Alternatively, are entries in the catalogue always going to be for
things that use OSGi bundles as dependencies? If Brooklyn accepted
catalogue entries for non-Java blueprints the OSGi-version-only decision
would make less sense.

I could imagine blueprints in Python referring to modules to install
with pip, or ones in Ruby to gems, etc. I appreciate anything like that
is a long way away..

Sam