brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Aled Sage <aled.s...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: Customizing an entity in YAML
Date Tue, 01 Jul 2014 11:06:40 GMT
Hi Martin,

That makes sense. I'm slightly hesitant for us to have so many config
options.

For now, should we just add PRE_LAUNCH_COMMAND and POST_LAUNCH_COMMAND
as I believe that meets your UserGrid use-case (to update a config file
being installed into a Tomcat server, without having to write Java code
that sub-classes the Tomcat7SshDriver).

---
Another useful thing (based on separate chat on another UserGrid
requirement) is to specify files to be uploaded. In
`brooklyn.entity.messaging.qpid.QpidBroker`, there are config keys for
RUNTIME_FILES and RUNTIME_TEMPLATES that are uploaded in
`QpidSshDriver.customize`. It would be good to generalise these in
SoftwareProcess.

(MongoDBClient.JS_SCRIPTS is similar, but the
MongoDBClientSshDriver.customize chooses the destination dir rather than
it being part of the config values).

Aled

p.s. the interface is SoftwareProcess rather than AbstractSoftwareProcess.