brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Martin Harris <martin.har...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Customizing an entity in YAML
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 15:19:53 GMT
Hi Folks,

I have a use-case where I want to deploy a Tomcat server, and once it's
launched I want to modify one of the files (inject the URL of another node
into a config file)

If I were doing it in Java, I'd create a custom SSH driver and override
launch, but I want to do it in YAML

In a similar pattern to the VanillaSoftwareProcess, I'm thinking about
adding some ConfigKey<String> keys to AbstractSoftwareProcess as follows:

ConfigKey<String> PRE_INSTALL_COMMAND
ConfigKey<String> POST_INSTALL_COMMAND
ConfigKey<String> PRE_CUSTOMIZE_COMMAND
ConfigKey<String> POST_CUSTOMIZE_COMMAND
ConfigKey<String> PRE_LAUNCH_COMMAND
ConfigKey<String> POST_LAUNCH_COMMAND

These would then be executed in AbstractSoftwareProcess.start()

Any thoughts?

--
Martin Harris
Lead Software Engineer