brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Andrew Kennedy <andrew.kenn...@cloudsoftcorp.com>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Source code migration and process for committers and contributors
Date Sun, 01 Jun 2014 16:34:42 GMT
> There are a lot of challenges in incubation; dealing with
> IP clearance, getting a first release out, and acclimating to the ASF
> itself. Trying to pioneer new workflows and navigate the politics is a
> distraction to the effort to become a TLP and to ship software

+1

I think this is a very good point. I'd be happy to go along with whatever
Git workflow is preferred by the ASF, although in that case I think rather
than us trying to work out an acceptable process, the responsibility is on
Apache to define the process we should follow.

So, Dave, Chip et al, is there a definitive statement anywhere we can refer
to that describes the acceptable best practice Git workflow, and we will
just follow that?

Thanks,
Andrew.
--