brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] Publish an Apache Brooklyn website
Date Tue, 10 Jun 2014 08:56:46 GMT
Thanks for your comments, Aled!

On 10 June 2014 09:15, Aled Sage <aled.sage@cloudsoftcorp.com> wrote:
>  * dead "getting started" link on
>    https://people.apache.org/~richard/download.html
>  * https://people.apache.org/~richard/download.html:
>    can we point at https://github.com/apache/incubator-brooklyn under
>    the "source code" section?

Good catches. I'd missed those.

>  * can you run a tool over it to find other dead links?

When automating the HTML generation and publishing, I'll look at
integrating something like this.

>  * https://people.apache.org/~richard/documentation.html:
>    I'd (tentatively) prefer if this showed the docs for the latest
>    version, with links to other versions, rather than always having to
>    follow another link.

I'd prefer to keep the "official user manual" a standalone entity, and
keep a page in-between. There's two reasons for this - firstly, if the
intermediate page was removed, as soon as you clicked "documentation"
in the header, you'd loose the Apache Brooklyn headers, etc. Secondly,
I'd like the page to contain more than just a link to the official
manual - things such as FAQs/HOWTOs, videos, community-contributed
docs, etc.

But this can be debated :-)

Richard.