brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject Switch to new repository
Date Thu, 19 Jun 2014 14:35:39 GMT
Hello all,

Since we now have:

- agreement on a model for contributions and commits[1]
- a website[2] that describes how this works for contributors[3] and
committers[4]
- instructions on how existing contributors can migrate personal
repositories to use the new repositories[5]

then I see no reason why we should not begin accepting pull requests
against our new repository immediately, and for all pull requests
against the old repository[6] (currently counting 10 by 7 different
people, which is a manageably small number) we work with the
contributor to have them re-submit their PR against the new repos.

Comments please?

[1] https://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/incubator-brooklyn-dev/201406.mbox/%3CCABQFKi3v5Dmr%2BX0Bu6uGdCvhv2p8ny%2B_%2BPeuYOoTKHoUC%2Bcdog%40mail.gmail.com%3E
and associated thread
[2] https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/
[3] https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/community/how-to-contribute.html
[4] https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/community/committers.html
[5] https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/community/migrate-to-apache.html
(with thanks to Nakomis AKA Martin Harris for testing these for me)
[6] https://github.com/brooklyncentral/brooklyn/pulls