brooklyn-dev mailing list archives

From Richard Downer <rich...@apache.org>
Subject [PROPOSAL] Publish an Apache Brooklyn website
Date Mon, 09 Jun 2014 22:39:13 GMT
Myself and some coworkers have recently been working on a "refreshed"
Brooklyn website, with the intention that this becomes the new website
for Apache Brooklyn. I have previously posted to this list with a link
to draft edition; thanks to those who gave me feedback.

The draft website can be viewed here: https://people.apache.org/~richard/

I now propose to move this to https://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org/
(which is currently blank)

I note the Infra team page at https://www.apache.org/dev/project-site.html:

Quote: "Every Apache project or podling has a website hosted at
apache.org that is maintained by one of these tools. It is up to each
project to decide the details of how their own website is maintained
and what software is used - as long as it results in static files that
can be served by the our public web servers."

Having used Jekyll to generate previous versions of the Brooklyn
website, and seen it used to good effect by jclouds, I propose to
continue the use of Jekyll into this new website. Therefore, we will
need a location to hold the markdown content and Jekyll configuration
for the new website.

First proposal - that we request that Infra set up an
"incubator-brooklyn-site" Git repository for this purpose.

Second proposal - that we create
https://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/incubator/brooklyn/site to hold the
HTML files generated by Jekyll from that repository, and request that
Infra set up "svnpubsub" from this SVN location to
http://brooklyn.incubator.apache.org.

Any comments?

Thanks
Richard.